The Non-Startup Startup
There are thousands of startups created each year and billions of dollars invested, but how does a company stand out amid the noise? In the case of Nest Labs, the company spent over a year in stealth mode refining its product and brand, which allowed it to make its public debut as a fully established company with a well-thought-out brand and product – one that redefined its industry. Nest Founder Matt Rogers and KPCB Partner and Nest board member Randy Komisar will share lessons learned operating in stealth mode – from product development to recruiting and branding.
Additional Supporting Materials
- In a crowded market full of startups, how does a company stand out amid the noise and attract attention from investors, potential recruits and more?
- What are the challenges and benefits to operating in stealth mode for an extended period of time?
- How did you go about being in stealth and keeping secrecy in the product given your large supply chain?
- How did you know when the right time was to come out of stealth mode and launch to the public?
- For Randy, what caught your eye about Nest early on, and what made it a company worth investing in?
Flora Anderson The OutCast Agency
Show me another