Good Thinking! The Science Of Teaching Science
The Smithsonian Science Education Center has partnered with FableVision Studios on "Good Thinking! The Science of Teaching Science," a new, original web series and professional development resource for science educators. Too often, valuable knowledge sits unused in inaccessible journals; Good Thinking! delves into the research to share the best ideas and practices with teachers in a fun, accessible way. Good Thinking! is able to reach teachers with targeted information to support their practices.
- Explore the potential for practical implementation of an animated web-series as part of a coherent and rigorous professional development plan.
- Investigate the learning science behind why our minds are designed to misunderstand science, & what educators can do about it.
- Discuss the need for an intersection of research and science with arts and entertainment in order to provide accessible information.
- Marjee Chmiel, Associate Director of Curriculum and Communications, Smithsonian Science Education Center
- Leigh Hallisey, Creative Director, FableVision
- Danielle Gillis , Producer, FableVision
- Brian Mandell, Science Curriculum Developer, Smithsonian Science Education Center
Marjee Chmiel, Assoc Dir, Curriculum & Communications, Smithsonian Science Education Center
Show me another