Understanding our digital identity
Educators understand the increasing importance of social media as an educational resource as well as a way to have fun, relax and communicate. Through the use of films made entirely from the social media content of their subjects, participants can reflect on their own social media usage. This will be combined with reflection on participants own social media identities as presented through social media app MySocialBook. These actions will feed into the creation of a social media manifesto which will be useful for workshop participants and can be used with students to help them to think about how their digital identity can evolve as they evolve, start careers and encounter life changes.
Additional Supporting Materials
- To investigate together how digital identities are formed and interpreted.
- Through examining the presentation of others' digital identities, attendees will be exposed to the challenge of managing our digital identities
- To develop a manifesto for social media to develop skills and practices for managing our evolving online selves in line with life changes
- Finola Kerrigan, Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Marketing, University of Birmingham
- Pam Briggs, Professor, Northumbria University
Finola Kerrigan, Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Marketing, University of Birmingham
Show me another