Perfection: Algorithms to Optimize Human Existenc
This talk explores how the widespread proliferation of cheap sensors of all kinds will create a vast collective memory for the planet which will serve as a record of every cause and effect. This data will be scoured for associations that will be turned into algorithms which optimize every decision we have to make in life. And while we may not always choose to do those things, it will effectively make every person on the planet vastly wiser than the wisest person who has ever lived. It will be wisdom at processor speed. This will usher in a new golden age of humanity.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Can the widespread proliferation of cheap sensors and free storage be used to create a complete record of all human action?
- Will the computers of tomorrow be able to use this data to inform all the choices we make in our daily lives?
- How will having everyone on the planet wiser than the wisest person who has ever lived usher in a new golden age of humanity?
- If people know the wisest course of action in a situation, how often will they actually choose it?
- Will having a record of every cause and effect of human life materially transform humanity?
- Byron Reese, EVP of Innovation Demand Media, Demand Media
Pam McDonald, R&D Analyst, Demand Media
Show me another