STEMlandia - An outdoor STEMcache gaming adventure
How can you open the door and let nature help guide STEM learning? Hear how our pilot, STEMLandia – an outside gaming adventure at an arboretum, used geocaching to explore and engage people of all ages with the outside world. Learn how educators can design and create STEMcaches and use a free tool to connect them through adventures that guide players to discover and uncover STEM concepts and content. These location-based adventures are a great way for teachers to address nature deficit disorder and reconnect digital natives to the local environment. Don’t spend hours locked in a classroom, create an adventure to uncover STEM connections that leave no child inside!
Additional Supporting Materials
- Understand how a real-world treasure hunting game can be used to create an outdoor adventure to connect STEM learning with nature exploration.
- Learn how to create a STEMcache, a special type of geocache, to facilitate learning and exhibiting 21st Century Skills with STEM concepts and content.
- Overview the free tools available to educators to work with learners to create an engaging STEMLandia type adventure.
- Jamie Larsen, Co-founder, Lead Developer, Educational Gaming Environments at TERC
- Barbara MacEachern, Director of Outreach, Educational Gaming Environments at TERC
Barb MacEachern, Dir of Outreach, EdGE at TERC
Show me another