From the Vatican Secret Archives and Nevada’s Area 51 to the Google server warehouse and the giant floating plastic garbage island in the middle of the ocean and a myriad of former insane asylums, hidden metro stations and towns evacuated by industrial disaster -- digital and social media have dramatically unearthed places that you’re not supposed to know about and how to get there.
- How is new media unearthing places we're not supposed to know about?
- What places do we still not know how to get to?
- How are these developments affecting tourism?
- How are these technologies protecting certain places?
- Do these pictures influence adventures?
- David G Allan BBC Travel
Rob Wilson BBC.com