How Dungeons & Dragons Prepared Me for UX
A Dungeon Master serves as the game's referee and storyteller, while also maintaining the setting in which the adventures occur and playing the role of the inhabitants. The characters form a party that interacts with the setting's inhabitants (and each other). Together they solve dilemmas, engage in battles and gather treasure and knowledge. Does this sound familiar?
User centered-design takes many cues from early storytelling role-playing games. Being a UX director is very much akin to being the Dungeon Master. Laying the framework, playing out the different scenarios and anticipating varied outcomes for multiple personas is all a part of the challenge.
This presentation will discuss UX methodologies including user journeys, personas, and pathway strategies with Vincent Higgins Experience Design Director from Tribal DDB New York.
- How to engage users using game mechanics and other relevant experience design tactics.
- Why storytelling is more important than ever. How to tell a story for millions.
- How to solve problems for multiple personas in one experience.
- How to deliver the correct output based on the user research.
- Listen and Learn, How to properly Pivot based on in market (in-game) un foreseen variables.
- Vincent Higgins Tribal DDB Worldwide
Vincent Higgins Tribal DDB Worldwide