How Dungeons & Dragons Prepared Me for UX
A Dungeon Master serves as the game's referee and storyteller, while also maintaining the setting in which the adventures occur and playing the role of the inhabitants. The characters form a party that interacts with the setting's inhabitants (and each other). Together they solve dilemmas, engage in battles and gather treasure and knowledge. Does this sound familiar?
User centered-design takes many cues from early storytelling role-playing games. Being a UX director is very much akin to being the Dungeon Master. Laying the framework, playing out the different scenarios and anticipating varied outcomes for multiple personas is all a part of the challenge.
This presentation will discuss UX methodologies including user journeys, personas, and pathway strategies with Vincent Higgins Experience Design Director from Tribal DDB New York.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How to engage users using game mechanics and other relevant experience design tactics.
- Why storytelling is more important than ever. How to tell a story for millions.
- How to solve problems for multiple personas in one experience.
- How to deliver the correct output based on the user research.
- Listen and Learn, How to properly Pivot based on in market (in-game) un foreseen variables.
- Vincent Higgins Tribal DDB Worldwide
Vincent Higgins Tribal DDB Worldwide
Show me another