No Basic Pitches: Publicity By The Journalists
When it comes to the proper pitch, it’s important to remember the audience you are trying to reach out to: PEOPLE. It may seem easy to assume music journalists are just drones spewing out reviews, but we are indeed humans who love this crazy industry we call music. Most successful publicists start off as journalists, and those who don’t can sometimes lack the perspective necessary to provide a successful pitch to a potential writer. In this panel, take a lesson from the publicists who are also journalists, featuring publicists/writers at companies like Another Reybee Production, Alternative Press, Bottle Cap Media, Diffuser.fm, Muddy Paw PR, Sonicbids, Substream Magazine, and many more.
- How can you leverage your music journalist contacts/friends to secure a feature?
- Can you really work as both a publicist and journalist without an ethical dilemma?
- How do you successfully wear multiple hats in the music industry?
- Maria Gironas, News Writer, Substream Magazine
- Josh Hammond, Publicist , Another Reybee Production
- Angela Mastrogiacomo, Head Publicist, Muddy Paw PR
- Jacob Tender, Owner/Head Publicist, Bottle Cap Media
Maria Gironas, News Writer, Substream Magazine
Show me another