Tinkering For Teachers
Our core conversation session will introduce teachers and curriculum leaders to tinkering and design thinking. We will explore how teachers can create a tinkering/design thinking workspace, how they can teach kids to work individually and collaboratively, and how teachers can adopt and implement these spaces in the classroom. Our discussion will address challenges to implementing tinkering and shifting the traditional classroom into a makerspace for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) learning. We will share our experiences leading professional development workshops that introduce teachers and curriculum professionals to these concepts and strategies.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will identify the essential components of a tinkering workspace and discuss the student and teacher mindsets that make them successful.
- Participants will learn how to use tinkering and design thinking to embed authenticity into their existing curricula.
- Participants will develop strategies for generating buy-in among students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Jigar Patel, Instructional Media & Communications Specialist, Tuscarora Intermediate Unit 11
- Eric Yoder, Instructional Technology Specialist, Tuscarora Intermediate Unit 11
Jigar Patel, Instructional Media & Communications Specialist, Tuscarora Intermediate Unit 11
Show me another