The Digital Love Project
Love is a beautiful part of life and a powerful driver of behavior. It makes us say, think and do things we wouldn’t ordinarily do. It often drives our buying, too. Some say love is immortality. Some say digital is, too. So, we decided to embark on a study of love in digital to discover timeless insights about deep human connection. The Digital Love Project is a study of the full life cycle of romantic partnerships through ethnographic analysis of digital-social picture and video sharing. Through review of thousands of visual-social data points - from first glance to ultimately tying the knot – we observe trends about romantic partnerships that change the way we think about driving relevance. Through the digital-social study of love, we encounter unique ways people of all ages develop, experience and express their love, illuminate new moments for marketers to deeply connect with in-love audiences, and discover insights that we can use to connect with broader targets.
- What can social picture and video analysis tell us about romantic partnerships - from initial glance to commitment of lifelong partnerships?
- What are the unique ways that people articulate, experience and express love digitally?
- Which new trends about romantic partnerships change the way brands should think about driving relevance with these targets?
- What are new moments for marketers to deeply connect with in-love audiences?
- What are the aspects of deep loving relationships that we can use to connect with broader targets?
Melissa Read SapientNitro