Open Source Data Science
We need more data scientists. According to a McKinsey Report higlighting the Impending Data Scientist Shortage 23 July 2013, "...by 2018 the United States will experience a shortage of 190,000 skilled data scientists, and 1.5 million managers and analysts capable of reaping actionable insights from the big data deluge." This panel will dive into how you can get started as a data scientist using open source tools and open data sources. This panel aims to inspire by giving concrete examples, cases and tool tips to would-be data scientists and geeks already working in the field.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do I get started as a data scientist?
- What are the tools used by data scientists today?
- Where and how do I find the data that I need?
- Mikkel Krogsholm, CEO, 56north
- Karthik Ram, Research assistant professor, University of California, Berkeley
Mikkel Krogsholm, CEO, 56north
Show me another