Exploring Eyewearables: The Landscape & Future
The eyes are the next great frontier for digital enhancement. We’ll soon leverage smarter glasses and sensing lenses that will track activity, glucose levels, blood pressure, glaucoma, and even dispense medication. New contacts will interface with smart glasses to project high-resolution virtual display, overlaid on your view of the world! Emerging "eyewearables" will soon deliver a seamless, hands-free, immersive environment that will revolutionize our computer-mediated lives. Join IEEE to explore the “eyewearables” landscape and the applications of smart glasses, contact lenses and AR/VR headsets to improve life, health, communication, the arts, education and much more!
- What does the eyewearables landscape look like today, what challenges exist, and what advancements promise to change everything?
- How can eyewearables and smart contact lenses be used to encourage and monitor healthy behaviors, monitor diseases and even dispense medication?
- What will the landscape look like in ten years? Will we all be sporting eyewearables in the hands-free future, or will something else emerge?
- Jay Sales, Innovation Strategist, The Shop @ VSP Global
- Brooke Linville, CEO, IonVR
- Jerry Legerton, Chief Clinical and Regulatory Officer, Innovega, Inc.
- Heather Schlegel, Futurist / Social Scientist, The Purple Tornado
Leigh Durst, CXO, Live Path
Show me another