Becoming a Content Strategist is Super Easy
What does it take to be a content strategist? Beyond mid-day office dance parties, cupcakes, and happy hour, it's a mystery even to people in the industry. But SapientNitro's Boston content strategy team knows how to get onto the CS superhighway - thanks to the varied paths they've taken to the agency world. College students, grad students, young professionals (and basically everyone ever) will learn a thing or two from this team, who love collecting degrees in fields like biology, journalism, English, library science, and marketing. They've worked as librarians, editors, artists, store owners, and *only* a content strategist! Get some frank advice about the skills you need (“No really, you’ll learn to love spreadsheets!”), and learn how to get onto the convoluted road to becoming a content strategist.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What kinds of skills and interests are "must-haves," "nice-to-haves" and "bonuses" to becoming a content strategist?
- What education is necessary to become a content strategist? What education is necessary to succeed past a certain point in this business?
- What backgrounds, disciplines, or majors might go well (and horribly) with content strategy?
- What DOESN'T a content strategist need?
- Where can you work as a content strategist?
Celia Nissen SapientNitro
Show me another