Midwest STEM Alliance - Making a Difference!
The Midwest STEM Alliance consists of STEM leaders from eleven Midwestern states and has garnered interest from STEM leaders across the country. The Alliance leaders work together to share best practices within their respective states and to overcome challenges. The goal within each state is to provide outstanding learning opportunities for students in the STEM arena. Members of the panel will share information about initiatives such as successful education/business partnerships,scale-up programs, connecting schools with industry, and implementing viable assessments and rubrics designed to validate program effectiveness. Audience interaction is encouraged.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Provide an overview of collaborative efforts within the Midwest region to enhance STEM opportunities for all students.
- Discuss challenges and opportunities facing STEM leaders in building collaborative relationships with educators, business leaders, and legislators.
- Review how data assessment has become a critical component of STEM planning, efforts, programs, and sustainability.
- Steven Triplett, Director - STEM Initiatives, ACT
- Martha McCabe, Manager of STEM Initiatives, Kansas City STEM Alliance
- Paul Ainslie, Managing Director, I-STEM Resource Network
- Jeff Weld, Executive Director, Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council
Steven Triplett, Dir - STEM Initiatives, ACT
Show me another