Coding with Scratch: Connected Learning Workshops
Today, creating and expressing oneself with technology are key fluencies for civic engagement. How can we increase the diversity of youth who become engaged in creating with new tech? We will explore ways to engage youth in their diverse interests, like fashion, hip-hop, or sports, through related activities using Scratch (a creative computing environment). Based on this design experience, we will discuss ways to develop and facilitate connected learning activities for youth. All levels welcome, from newcomers to experienced Scratchers. Bring a laptop (if available) to this hands-on workshop.
Additional Supporting Materials
- To explore Scratch as a creative coding environment.
- To share ideas, resources, and best practices for implementing workshops for youth, as well as lessons learned.
- To develop and facilitate connected learning activities.
- Paulina Haduong, Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
- Sarah Otts, Community Team member, Lifelong Kindergarten Group at MIT Media Lab
Paulina Haduong, Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
Show me another