Putting People of Color at the Center of Design
Participants will utilize a design thinking process to explore some of the real challenges faced by school designers and leaders who recently opened three innovative schools in NYC. This interactive work will be paired with the telling of the story of the Expanded Success Initiative and its mission. Participants will engage in brainstorming, a ‘How Might We?’ protocol, and prototyping and revision work around challenges related to student-centered school design. A debriefing session will allow for a discussion tailored to the needs of the participants.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will be able to access strategies for connecting human-centered design principles to address education-related challenges.
- Participants will be able to access strategies for connecting human-centered design principles to address education related challenges.
- Participants will engage in the design thinking process and be able to utilize the process for their own work.
- John Clemente , Director of School Design, Department of Education, Expanded Success Initiative
- Brandon Corley , Vice-Principal, EPIC South High School
- Prejhane Williams, Student, Urban School for Design and Construction
John Clemente , Dir of School Design, Department of Education, Expanded Success Initiative
Show me another