The SXSW Statements: Your Email is Killing Us
Email drive you batty? “Reply All” make you want to scream? Lots of people have tried writing email manifestos and bills of rights, but the problem remains. It’s time for the thought leaders at SXSW to stand up and say NO MORE. At this participatory session attendees will create an collaborative digital public declaration that takes a stand against clumsy communicators. Once designed, this crowd-sourced manifesto will be shared around the globe, in the hopes that we can enjoy a little less work and a lot more play. Let your voice be heard!
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the “new rules” of email in the digital age?
- What does an effective email look like?
- What are the rules for “reply all”?
- How can I manage my inbox without having a mental breakdown?
- How can I teach my friends/colleagues/boss about proper use of email (without pissing them off)?
- Lindsay Sarin, MLS Program Coordinator , University of Maryland
- Erin Dorney, Outreach Librarian, Millersville University Library
Lindsay Sarin, MLS Program Coordinator , University of Maryland
Show me another