Demystifying coding for elementary students
Attendees will be exposed to a wide range of ICT resources, including EducationCity’s 'Code Crunch Tool'. They will be encouraged to participate in a series of short, scaffolded lessons aimed at introducing computing, including coding, to K-5 students. These bite-size lessons will allow delegates to explore examples which model how to introduce computing to the elementary student. By the end of the workshop they will have a deeper understanding of computing and have a range of proven strategies to use in the elementary classroom.
- To be able to define and differentiate between the three core computing strands of digital literacy, information technology and computer science.
- Learn how to introduce complex concepts in simple to understand bite-size lessons for students age 5-11.
- Understand how to integrate computing into the elementary classroom and how to overcome the technical language barriers.
- Robin Ball, Head of Content & Curriculum, EducationCity Ltd
- Holly Moffett, Education Lead (US), EducationCity Ltd
Robin Ball, Head of Content & Curriculum, EducationCity Ltd
Show me another