Interfaces, Accessibility and Superheroes
BAM! POW! Beloved superhero Daredevil squelches his enemies with speed and precision, completely uninhibited by his blindness. Overcoming adversity, discovering superpowers, and saving the world are common themes in comics and graphic novels. Our mission is to bring those themes into the world of accessible design.
The World Heath Organization and the World Bank report that nearly 1 out of 7 of the world's population has some form of disability. Creating products and services that don't include alternate interaction models is a failure on a global scale. Designers and engineers are the middlemen between disability and super-ability, and it is our duty to help break interface barriers. This session will explore examples and methods for understanding and practicing accessible design.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What does accessibility mean in the context of cross-platform services?
- What particular challenges do designers and engineers face when thinking about accessible design methods?
- What about existing tools and technologies offer insight to how users with different needs access the same information?
- What is the future of accessible design in digital components of services?
- What are some constraints encountered when implementing accessible design, and how can we can resolve them?
Livia Veneziano Fjord
Show me another