Farm to Phone: Kids, Veggies, and Mobile Tech
Changing behavior isn’t easy for anyone, even when the solution is well known. But 91% of us carry cell phones or tablets, and mobile technology offers a way to reach the masses and support a wanted change. In 2013, the nonprofit Recipe for Success Foundation (RFS) launched VegOut!, a program designed to inspire healthier eating by challenging people to eat 30 veggies in 30 days. In 2015, tech consulting firm Pariveda Solutions partnered with RFS to bring VegOut! to mobile devices. Learn how, with the right techniques meeting the right medium, technologists and nonprofits combined their expertise and used gamification & social media to spread the message of healthy eating on a global scale.
- How can nonprofits leverage gamification and social media to attract, engage and build an ongoing relationship with supporters?
- As a technologist, how can you offer your technical talent and capabilities to further the reach of social causes?
- Can you name 30 different vegetables?
- Gracie Cavnar, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Recipe for Success
- Aashish Parekh, Consultant, Pariveda Solutions
Aashish Parekh, Consultant, Pariveda Solutions
Show me another