The Future Is Now: futuristic UIs with HTML5
The idea of this workshop is to demystify "futuristic" interfaces, showing that they can be not only useful and practical, but also achievable with current technologies. We will talk about how the technologies currently available through different Web APIs can be used to create user experiences that are out of the ordinary. We will also show some examples and do a step-by-step code walkthrough, including implementations of WebGL (using JS libraries), web sockets, device orientation, camera access, and more.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the new Web APIs that have potential for allowing novel user experiences?
- What are these APIs about?
- Where (in which browsers and devices) are they supported?
- How can they be used? (UI demos)
- How are these interfaces implemented? (code walkthrough)
- Luz Caballero, Web Opener, Opera Software
Luz Caballero, Web Opener, Opera Software
Show me another