How Tech Slays Goliath: Meet Today’s Davids
Now more than ever, technology has democratized the business landscape, giving small businesses and even individuals as much of a fighting chance at success as their corporate counterparts. Sites such as Airbnb, Etsy and Limos.com shift the power into the hands of individuals themselves, opening the door for more competition and innovation in various markets. Thanks to these sites, it’s easier than ever before for anyone with a spare room, crafts to sell or a car service-ready vehicle to reach a global customer base. Using current business models and examples from his work with Limos.com, Chief Product Officer Doug Anderson will discuss how anyone can use and monetize on technology to make a name for themselves as an independent and successful business.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What's the right way to disrupt an industry?
- What lessons can we learn from big-name competitors or predecessors in similar fields?
- How do I turn my secret passion/side-business into a true revenue stream?
- How does technology – particularly the growing use of mobile apps – answer increased demand for instant gratification and convenient services?
- How can technology be used to support people with ideas but no concept of where to begin?
- Doug Anderson, Chief Product Officer, Limos.com
Luisa Montes, Account Executive, SHIFT Communications
Show me another