Re-Energizing A Creative, Collaborative Culture
Let's look at what happens as the world trends towards a huge library of free content, and what that means for content driven services - for both creators and consumers. The new maxim is: "There's a community for every interest, you just need to connect to it."
Mike and Manolo will explore how services like SoundCloud and Wattpad are re-energizing a creative, collaborative culture around the generation of media and content - stories and sounds.
Much like how YouTube turned film into highly viral pieces that could be shared and commented on by viewers, books and music are morphing into sharable clips that compound with the responses, likes and tweets from a community of fans.
This panel will explore how a new breed of creative technology platforms are actually recreating the collaborative, generative communities of the past.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How we're bringing creativity and entertainment back to its roots, back to the days when poets/musicians/buskers/bards focused on their love of sharing their music/stories.
- How we're to encouraging people’s desire to revel in shared experiences and making this process easier for them.
- Why our business model is built on providing consumers free access to content.
- How can creators profit from this new reality and why they shouldn’t be afraid of sharing their work for free.
- Why the future of entertainment is collaborative and interactive communities that democratize content creation and taste-making.
Amy Martin Wattpad
Show me another