Becoming a Social Cyborg
Social media was born from two disparate, but complimentary organisms – humanity and technology -- and we’ve have been struggling to find a balance between the two ever since. Pre-program your participation too much and you come off as a robotic douche. Try to maintain continuous real-time engagement and you get fried, fast. But, harness the power of both collectively, and you take your business to a whole new level. To master this skill, you need to evolve into a social cyborg, a better, stronger, faster version of yourself that is the perfect blend of automation and authenticity. In this session, we’ll tackle how to make that transformation. We’ll explore the hottest tools to use for social media content curation, aggregation, syndication and coordination and provide tips to improve the quality of your real-time engagement. Then, we’ll discuss how to seamlessly combine the two to transform you into a social cyborg who is armed and ready to take the world by storm.
- How can tools for content curation, aggregation, syndication and coordination streamline and improve your engagement on the social web, and what are the pros and cons of using these tools?
- Which content curation, aggregation, syndication and coordination tools will allow you to maintain the most subtle and seamless experience for your social network?
- How do you find the best balance in social media between automation and real-time engagement?
- What are some strategies for conducting effective real-time social media conversations, based on intelligence gained from social search tools and psychological cues being telegraphed by your audience?
- What are your brand’s conversational keywords and how can you naturally seed those words into your social engagement in real time without sounding like a “brand bot?”
Jennifer Kane Kane Consulting