Artience: Art + Science in the World of Design
When it comes to good design, art and science go hand in hand; you can’t have one without the other. In today’s market of extreme design talent, those who are embracing data and science in their designs are creating winning products to take a step ahead of the rest. How do designers embrace data science in their designs? Each one is different and there are various types of data that can be used, however, there is no doubt that the outcomes are similar.
Our panelists, will go 3 rounds, literally, in a battle of design approach, philosophy and analytical acumen. Each round will feature a problem that designers must solve using their own experience, approach and best practices. It’s a test of how best to combine art and science in the realm of design and design led ventures. The audience will then have the opportunity to vote on the winner of each round - but really, everyone will win here. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from Steve Vassallo, Soleio Cuervo and Scott Klemmer.
- How have different approaches helped each designer to create winning products?
- What are the benefits in embracing data and science in different designs? How do you use the data to complete a particular project?
- How does design thinking differ depending on what you’re designing for?
- How has your background helped to prepare you for your current role?
- From a designer perspective, why would you encourage others who haven’t taken your specific approach to do so?
- Steve Vassallo, General Partner, Foundation Capital
- Soleio Cuervo, Head of Design, Dropbox
- Scott Klemmer, Associate Professor, UCSD
Shannon Reed, AAE, Nectar Communications
Show me another