Voices from the Tiny Web
The web has become very big, too big for us. It's why the Phellows of the Philter Phactory Bar have developed the Tiny web (TTW) framework. We think it's going to be massive, in a tiny way.
5 Phellows will discuss the Phactory Bar; a live radio speakeasy of the tiny web run by The Landlord (@lndlrd) - incorporating Github, Skype, Twitter and Teddy Ruxpin. www.Landy.fm
TTW is not a technology but instead makes use of existing media formats and infomorphic personas.
TTW is a discipline to produce automated media which is designed to stay small.
The panel, global regulars of the Phactory Bar will discuss their how their traditional disciplines have been abused to shape the user experience and easy hackability of the Phactory Bar and Radio Station. These insights wil reveal how social technology has developed an intimate editorial voice across multiple private and public platforms simultaneously.
- Can we live with automated, opinionated interfaces? Opinionated interfaces -
- Can a group's collective identity and traits produce sympathetic automated characters? Voices from the tiny web -
- How can developer tools be used to produce an emergent editorial voice? Tiny web architecture -
- How does a storyteller work with uncontrollable informorphic personas? Writing with Algos -
- How does various media forms work together to produce emergent, non-linear entertainment. Will this work for all known genres? Will this create new genres? Eating our Words - How the tiny web produced an emergent radio show. voices from the tiny web
- Marcus Brown Booming GmbH
- Gregory Povey Mudlark
- Maria Aretoulaki DialogCONNECTION Ltd
- Henry Cooke prhnsl ltd
David Bausola Philter Phactory