The Future of Porn
Cindy Gallop's initiative http://makelovenotporn.com received an extraordinary response when she launched it at TED 2009 - including support from many members of the porn industry. Cindy shares the experience of subsequently battling every possible barrier society could produce, to turn MakeLoveNotPorn into a business venture - https://www.makelovenotporn.tv/ - and the insights that process has provided on the biggest sociocultural influence on young people today that we don't talk about; how the porn industry can reinvent itself and its business model; and the huge opportunities the tech world is missing out on, given that every obstacle an entrepreneur with a tech startup encounters, triple when that startup is to do with sex.
If you are offended by the use of sexually explicit language, please do not attend this session.
- What is the real world impact on young people today and their sexual and life behavior, given how instantaneous access to hardcore porn online now operates as default sex education?
- How does the porn industry really operate as a business and what business problems is it currently facing?
- What is the technology industry's attitude towards startups and ventures that operate in the area of sex and porn?
- What are the huge money-making business opportunities that the porn industry has so far left completely unexplored?
- What are the really interesting, innovative, disruptive initiatives taking place in the porn industry and in sex-orientated tech ventures that no one knows about?
- Cindy Gallop MakeLoveNotPorn
Cindy Gallop MakeLoveNotPorn