The ins and outs of Kickstarter fulfillment
So you’ve got an awesome idea for the next Oculus Rift or Pebble, and you’re ready to go to Kickstarter. But wait! How are you going to manufacture 10,000 units in your garage? You need a competent partner that can deliver on your Kickstarter project. SparkFun Electronics has provided engineering expertise, manufacturing, and fulfillment for numerous wildly successful Kickstarter electronics products, such as MaKey Makey. Come hear Director of Production Matt Bolton and Geek Ammo's Marcus Schappi talk about the MicroView, the newest Kickstarter success fulfilled by SparkFun. They'll discuss the best and worst parts of supplying a product designed outside the office and the insanity of sourcing, producing, and shipping Kickstarter projects. You’ll come away with a better idea of what you need to have on hand in order to find the manufacturing partner of your dreams.
- What information and resources do I need to provide to a contract manufacturer?
- What should I look for in a good partner so that I’m confident in their ability to deliver?
- How do you and your manufacturing partner navigate the speed bumps and potential road blocks that are encountered along the way? Because we all know there will be several and they all must be dealt with head on.
- What do I have to give them—okay, let’s be real, what’s this going to cost me?
- What all goes into manufacturing and fulfillment of products anyway?
- Matt Bolton, Director of Production, SparkFun Electronics
- Marcus Schappi, CEO, Little Bird Electronics and Geek Ammo
Miranda Downey, Partnership Coordinator, SparkFun Electronics
Show me another