Every entrepreneur starts her company with a clear vision for success: create an amazing environment and hire the smartest people to join you. Build a beautiful product and change the world. And then one day you wake up and realize you aren’t where you thought you’d be. You are plagued by challenges: business challenges—why is my product getting its ass kicked in the market? Why is my engineering talent leaving? Why did that top customer jump ship? And emotional challenges—why did I get in to this? How do I regain confidence in employees? How do I fix everything that went wrong? You are now in The Struggle. Ben Horowitz, founder and general partner at Andreessen Horowitz will relive the struggles he’s had throughout his career and provide insight on the things that have helped him get through. He’ll discuss the real truth about being an entrepreneur, the tough part about being a CEO and how to successfully navigate in the fast moving and innovative period of tech we live in now.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the biggest challenges in building your own business?
- How do you manage all the tasks and responsibility of being a CEO if you've never been one?
- How do you know at what point to pivot your company or stay the course?
- How can an entrepreneur enter an already crowded market and be differentiated?
- How do you choose and find a mentor?
- Ben Horowitz, General Partner, Cofounder, Andreessen Horowitz
Ben Horowitz, General Partner & Cofounder, Andreessen Horowitz
Show me another