Tricks of the Trade: Grow Unity in Your Community
Community management is an art, not a science. To a degree, there is really no program out there to help you adequately learn all of the skills needed. Successful community leaders are part therapist, part den mother, part coach, part referee. But at the end of the day, running a thriving online community is not about U! For a community to grow and thrive, it is all about activating and strengthening the unity of the community members. When you get the culture right, it is truly magical.
Learn from a panel who has been perfecting this craft for years in some of the most successful B-to-C, B-to-B and non-profit organizations. And because community is all about collaboration, we invite you to contribute your best practices and biggest challenges during the open mic jam at the end of this session.
We promise, this is one session that you won't leave empty handed. All attendees in this session will receive their very own Community Management Bag-o-tricks. Must be present to win!
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are some of the best ways to get more active participation in your community?
- How does the size of the community affect the engagement of the community members and what can you do to address this?
- What are the best tools to organize, manage and engage a community?
- How can a community grow and thrive even if the members never physically meet each other?
- How do you enlist community members to actively help lead and shape their community over time?
- Kat Mandelstein, Director of Social Business Strategy, Ant's Eye View
- Jessica Murray, Membership & Community Manager, Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA)
- Joyce Davis, Community Manager, IBM
- Michael Bepko, Global Community Manager, Whole Foods
Kat Mandelstein, Director of Social Business Strategy, Ant's Eye View
Show me another