Big Data: Weaving Insights into Opportunities
Like many disruptive technological innovations, Big Data has the power to transform our lives– if we know how to use it. From the data generated by millions of people "checking in” at local hotspots, to the hundreds of thousands of data points generated per second by a patient in the ICU, to the limitless data created by daily web-browsing and social media activity, every bit can be used to gather insights that change how we shop, travel, interact and run businesses. Turning that data into actionable insights requires expert ‘tailors’ with the innovative vision to recognize how data fits into the tapestry of an organization. During this panel, you’ll hear from some of the biggest names across industries on how they’ve knitted data points together to build apps to help travelers plan a trip, predict complications in trauma patients, analyze countless Twitter and social media mentions to identify the most relevant topics and trends, and much more.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the major business challenges big data can help solve?
- How can utilizing data driven insights help a business drive innovation and address customer needs?
- Is “big” data just for big business, or can SMBs and other smaller organizations create effective data handling initiatives?
- How can you create a culture of analytics within your organization to integrate data into daily business practices?
- What are the key big data trends and how can organizations leverage/monetize these trends?
- Inhi Cho Suh, Vice President Big Data, Integration, and Governance, International Business Machines (IBM)
- Giorgos Zacharia, Chief Technology Officer, KAYAK
- Will McInnis, Chief Marketing Officer, Brandwatch
- Jeremy Woolf, Senior Vice President, Text100 Global Communications
Sam Ponedal, Account Executive, Text100 Global Communications
Show me another