Behind the Wireframe: UX Leadership Secrets
Learn UX Leadership secrets to empower your team to do amazing things! As UX grows as a discipline, we need to rewrite the leadership handbook.
1. Coaching Creatives: Alissa Briggs (Sr. UX Manager, Intuit) will share techniques for getting the best out of your teammates, including balancing strengths, setting expectations, and giving feedback.
2. Structuring the Team: Deena Rosen (Sr. UX Director, Opower) will explain how to establish and evolve a UX team over time. She’ll share options for structuring UX teams and how to treat organizational design like a UX challenge.
3. Navigating Politics: Steve Hillenius (UX Manager, NASA) will provide concrete techniques for navigating complex, engineering-driven organizations to make design a priority. He’ll unpack how to manage-up to create the space to design for infinity and beyond.
4. Balancing Innovation and Execution: PJ McCormick (Design Leader, Amazon) will explain how to create a team that balances b
- What is the role of a UX Leader, and how is it different from other types of leaders and managers?
- What’s the best way for me to structure my UX team given how the rest of our company works?
- How can I help my UX team be successful in a political and non-UX-centric organization?
- How can I balance the long-term thinking of creative vision with short term design deliverables?
- What techniques and frameworks can I apply immediately to make me a more effective UX leader?
- Alissa Briggs, Senior UX Manager & Principal Designer, Intuit
- Deena Rosen, Senior Director, User Experience, Opower
- PJ McCormick, UX Design Lead, Amazon
- Steven Hillenius, UX Manager & Designer, NASA
Alissa Briggs, Senior UX Manager, Intuit
Show me another