The Rise of the Impact Entrepreneur
We all love sharing photos online, but isn't there more we can do with technology? Hopefully yes, given our nation's problems like health care costs outstripping growth of GDP, reliance on fossil fuels & climate change escalating, and government wasting billions of our tax dollars on stone-age software. Rock Health, Greenstart, and Code For America are Accelerators launching impact-driven tech startups in healthcare, energy, and civic services. Their startups are unleashing digital technology on some of the world's biggest problems - and making big money in the process. Meet the founders of three "impact accelerators", learn about the technologies and companies poised to tackle our 21st century problems, and witness the growing movement of "tech for good".
- Why vertical-specific accelerators?
- What's the funding environment for startups tackling social problems?
- As an aspiring social entrepreneur, when and from whom should I fundraise?
- How big are the market opportunities for green tech and healthcare?
- What are the biggest barriers for social-impact startups?
- Halle Tecco Rock Health
- Rachel Barge Greenstart
- Jen Pahlka Code for America
- Ariel Schwartz Fast Company
Halle Tecco Rock Health