Got Problems? Good. They raise Student Engagement.
Intrinsically motivated students seek resources, engage and achieve. Let’s get real. For many students, we need to foster engagement, so students develop lifetime skills. Real problems motivate learners. This workshop will guide participants through developing a problem-based learning experience for their learners. You will explore the methodology and examine the types of problem-based learning, write a problem statement, design the problem experience, and build a rubric for your learners.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will be able to describe how the type of a problem and structure of a problem will impact student engagement and transference of learning.
- Participants will be able to design real problems that facilitate students passing along paths that satisfy constraints while solving a problem and achieving a goal.
- Participants will be able to develop a problem experience that fosters student engagement, checks student progress, and assesses deeper understanding and higher-level thinking.
- Jed Friedrichsen, CEO, Blended Schools Network
- Deanna Mayers, Director for Curriculum, Blended Schools Network
Jed Friedrichsen, CEO, Blended Schools Network
Show me another