Saving Lives Through Social Media
We need your help to fight the number one cause of preventable death in the United States. And we’ll pay you for it.
Legacy is a national non-profit working to help people live longer, healthier lives through tobacco prevention and cessation. We’re best known for our truth® campaign, which gives young people facts and information about tobacco so that they can make informed decisions about its use, and our EX® campaign, which offers smokers a free online quit plan to re-learn life without cigarettes. Both campaigns are actively using digital and social media platforms, but we are always looking for new ways to get our life-saving messages out.
That’s why we’re asking the SXSW community to help us find new and innovative ways to encourage young people and adults to reject tobacco. An automated Facebook quit account? Location-based quit tips? We’re not sure what form it will take, but that’s why we need your help. Our session will kick off our challenge grant: Technology, Not Tobacco.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can we use new technologies and platforms to help adults quit tobacco?
- What are the best ways to encourage kids to not use tobacco through new technologies and platforms?
- What are the ways technology can help people overcome the addiction triggers that make them want to smoke?
- Can community-based socially-responsible solutions extend into social media, mobile, and other digital channels?
- How can digital innovation measure the impact of new technology focused on tobacco prevention and cessation?
- Eric Asche, Chief Marketing Officer, American Legacy Foundation (Legacy)
Eric Asche, Chief Marketing Officer, American Legacy Foundation (Legacy)
Show me another