Musician Business: Lessons from the Grateful Dead
"The Musician Business" is the point at which technology and music meet to create a platform that allows:
1. The music to lead.
2. Artists to connect directly to fans.
3. Conventional wisdom to be ignored.
4. Looking beyond the same old industry talent pools to get the best people.
5. The ability to provide your audience with authenticity through transparency.
6. You to give and receive in tandem.
7. Live on the edge of innovation.
8. Partner with entrepreneurs.
Discussing the history and innovation of the Grateful Dead with members of the band and industry executives familiar with their business, other artists may discover how the Grateful Dead business model was ahead of its time and provide guidance to emerging, independent artists today.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can a band be successful and remain independent?
- What are the benefits of retaining ownership over your intellectual property..and does it matter today?
- What did the Grateful Dead do 30 years ago that any band should and could be doing today?
- What are the Grateful Dead members doing today that continue to put them on the cutting edge of technology and innovation?
- What a long, strange trip has it been?
Jacqueline Sabec Oliver & Sabec, P.C.
Show me another