You're Better Than You Think: Blog Like a Pro
You're a great subject matter expert, but that doesn't mean you're a great writer. A lot of us get put into this position, either because we've got strong opinions on our subject, are trying to build a reputation for ourselves in the industry, or are working for a company that doesn't have a dedicated communications staff.
How do you write from a personal perspective without seeming completely unprofessional? How do you find a voice while still being yourself? What's the etiquette for working with PR people and building positive relationships? What can you do to make your blog have a genuine yet professional look and feel?
Join writers from Wired's GeekMom.com who will tell you how to add a little polish and make your blog shine.
- How do you learn not to kiss up and instead write a real review that doesn't sound like an ad for a product you got for free?
- What's the etiquette for communicating with PR people and creating a good working relationship?
- How do you balance blogging, social media, answering emails and all the other little things that are part of running a blog?
- What exactly is a troll? How do you handle negative comments and why shouldn't delete them?
- How do you take photos that enhance your posts rather than detracting from them by looking sloppy and amateur?
Nicole Wakelin Wired's GeekMom
Show me another