Finding Your Place in an Amazing Startup Community
Vibrant startup communities aren't limited to Silicon Valley and New York; they're popping up everywhere. But what goes into the making of an amazing startup community, and what role can you play?
This panel features two of the most well-known and widely-respected champions of startup communities: Brad Feld, managing director of early-stage VC firm Foundry Group, and David Cohen, CEO of startup accelerator TechStars, plus a key member of the Austin startup community, AustinVentures partner Mike Dodd.
This lively discussion will be moderated by Charlie Wood, founder and CEO of Austin-based startup Spanning. Charlie has participated as a startup founder, CEO, mentor, and employee in the startup communities in Austin, San Francisco, Boulder, Minneapolis, and San Antonio.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the necessary ingredients that make a thriving startup community?
- What is the role of a university in a startup community?
- Why do startup communities succeed? Why do they fail?
- How does the success of a startup community relate to the success of the larger community in which it exists?
- What are the most surprising and dynamic startup communities--outside of Silicon Valley and New York? What makes them different? What makes them work?
- Charlie Wood, Founder & CEO, Spanning
- Brad Feld, Managing Director, Foundry Group
- David Cohen, Founder & CEO, TechStars
- Mike Dodd, Partner, AustinVentures
Charlie Wood, Founder & CEO, Spanning
Show me another