Unicorn Quest: How 3 Teams Blend UX & Dev Skills
User Experience (UX) is a hot topic. It seems that everyone wants to hire people who have skills in UX, visual design and front-end development. Some people call this person a "unicorn." Do unicorns really exist?
This panel will feature participants from three different companies who build Web and mobile products with small, collaborative tams. Brittany Hunter, (Atomic Object), Courtney Hemphill (Carbon Five) and Jonathan Berger (Pivotal Labs) will share what it takes to work on a team of software generalists who are jointly responsible for UX, visual design and development.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is a "software product generalist?
- What are the pros and cons of working this way?
- What does it take to adapt to this new way of working (at a personal level)?
- What working relationships have we found to be most useful?
- What resources and tools do we find most helpful?
- Courtney Hemphill, Developer / Lead, Carbon Five
- Jonathan Berger, Engineering manager, Designer, Pivotal Labs
- Brittany Hunter, Poly-skilled generalist, Atomic Object
Lane Halley, Product Designer, Carbon Five
Show me another