Building Trust in Community Marketplaces
Trust is one of the most important elements in building any online community, particularly in the 'share' economy as possessions, homes, resources, and skills are traded, rented, and sold.
This panel explores different strategies and approaches to building a responsible and secure community marketplace. Experts from within the industry will share successes and failures, risks and rewards of community marketplaces.
We will discuss features to integrate into your platform to develop trust and safety within your community marketplace, as well as when and how to incorporate social media to strengthen community ties. The panel will also present different approaches to user disputes and complaints, insurance policies and liability, and customer service.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the biggest challenges in building community marketplaces? What are some of the greatest benefits and rewards to building share economy communities?
- What are specific examples of ways to build and maintain trust and safety in online communities? How can you integrate features into the platform to develop trust and safety? When and how should you use media integration to encourage trust and safety within these communities? What is the role of customer service in user trust and safety?
- What to do when things go wrong - how to salvage and make the best of bad user experiences? What are the best strategies for handling and resolving user disputes?
- What role does insurance play in building communities in share economy companies? How often do you need to actually tap the insurance company to cover a claim and are they really necessary?
- A lot of companies are clashing with state, city and federal regulations and laws. How can companies work with the government to increase the reliability and safety of their communities? What are some approaches for dealing with governmental or organized efforts against the community?
- Jennifer Newman Sharpe, Attorney, Law Offices of Jennifer Newman Sharpe; Sparkplug
- Julia Wilde, CEO & Co-Founder, Sparkplug
- Corinne Haxton Pavlovic, Group Manager, Trust and Safety, Etsy
- Steve Kirkham, Product Lead in Trust & Safety, Airbnb
Jennifer Newman Sharpe, Attorney, Law Offices of Jennifer Newman Sharpe; Sparkplug
Show me another