Pitch Event: Storytelling for Crowdfunding Ideas
Crowdfunding isn't just about raising money. It's about telling the story of your idea and inspiring people to want it. This has reordered the way ideas get made and moved good storytelling to the front of the line, which is why ad agency Fallon launched StarterKit to create crowdfunding campaigns for promising projects.
This event will feature emerging entrepreneurs pitching their ideas to an eclectic panel including Shannon Swallow, VP of Marketing Communications at Indiegogo, Fallon's Chief Creative officer Jeff Kling, and successful entrepreneur Dean Phillips. One winning idea will be selected, shark-tank style, and Fallon will create its entire campaign for launch on Indiegogo.
With crowdfunding successes like the record-setting Travail restaurant in Robbinsdale, MN and Austin's own Sabertron under its belt, Fallon StarterKit is averaging raises of more than 4x funding goal. Which idea will catch the panel's eye and be the next StarterKit project? Come and see for yourself.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is crowdfunding reordering the way ideas get made? When you can sell something and capture your market before you make it, how does the context of marketing change? Can good storytelling now make anything possible?
- What are potential backers looking for in a crowdfunding campaign? What’s the role of video compared to campaign copy and graphics? How important is perk (reward) strategy in generating engagement? What kind of feedback do people expect after they’ve backed a campaign?
- What lessons do successful entreprenuers have for crowdfunders? How can insights garnered from years in business help people who are launching ideas in this new way? When first getting a project off the ground, what’s changed and what’s stayed the same?
- What advice do top crowdfunding platforms have for emerging makers? How does Indiegogo handle incoming projects? What best practices have they seen emerge from successful campaigns? How do they share what they know?
- What’s the difference between crowdfunding and advertising? How can creative storytellers impact the success of new ideas in this space? What do advertising professionals look for when evaluating the potential of a crowdfunding campaign?
- Marty Wetherall, Director of Innovation, Fallon
- Jeff Kling, Chief Creative Officer, Fallon
- Dean Phillips, Chairman, Talenti Gelato
- Shannon Swallow, VP of Marketing Communications at Indiegogo, Indiegogo
Kevin Johnston, Director of Digital Production, Fallon
Show me another