Legal Dos and Don’ts From a Startup Veteran
Starting a company can come with a lot of documents, patents, red tape, and legalese – and more often than not you don’t have a JD on hand to help you navigate. Mariana Antcheva, General Counsel of Lytro and formerly of tech law firm Fenwick & West, walks through a range of issues start-ups face on the legal front, sharing war stories from #legalfails and how your company can avoid them.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the situations in which I should apply for a trademark, copyright, or patent?
- What does the planning process look like for applying for trademark, copyright, or patent?
- What are some general rules of thumb to think about for legal when planning product developments and announcements?
- What are the best practices for drafting up legal documents?
- What kind of damage control can my company utilize if we run into legal trouble?
- Mariana Antcheva, General Counsel, Lytro
Eva Grzesik, Account Executive, The OutCast Agency
Show me another