Madison Avenue Meets Mountain View
Why is it that so many startups have brands built into their monetization strategy and yet they only involve brands at the 11th hour? Dominated by a technology and investment focused mentality, marketing is an afterthought. On the flipside, brands recognize the growing importance of innovation and yet continue to invest in established, paid media. And that includes Facebook. But what if the process started earlier, with brands and startups collaborating further upstream to co-develop revenue streams, consumer utility and ultimately technology solutions to business problems? With less than 3% of startups ending up being fully funded, how might brands come to the rescue as White Knights? What if Instagr.am had been created for Kodak? What if Conde Nast invested in Flipboard? This panel will bring together 2 senior marketers from Fortune 500 brands, and 2 startup founders to discuss the challenges, opportunities and partnership potential that arises when Madison Avenue meets Mountain View
Additional Supporting Materials
- When in a startup's development life cycle should brands and startups be working together? How early is too early? How late is too late? What are the different engagement or partnership opportunities that are possible?
- What are some of the pitfalls, pushback and concerns about brands and startups working together…and more importantly, how are they resolved?
- What is the role of the agency in terms of helping facilitate and ultimately execute on behalf of both startup and brand?
- What does a successful early stage startup and brand partnership look like? Who's doing a good job out there right now? How does one measure success?
- What can brands teach startups about marketing, emotion and monetization? What can startups teach brands about failing fast, pivoting or operating lean?
- Joseph Jaffe, Founder & CEO, Evol8tion, LLC
- Edward Kaczmarek, Director of Innovation, Consumer Experiences, Kraft Foods
- Brett Welch, CEO, Switchcam
- Winston Wang, Global Director of Strategic Innovation, Anheuser-Busch InBev
Joseph Jaffe, Founder & CEO, Evol8tion, LLC
Show me another