Big Data: Is It Killing Creativity?
Storytelling. Creativity. Emotion. These elements have forever been the backbone of marketing.
But now, thanks to the digital revolution, the creative industry finds itself balancing two very different approaches. While new technology and mobile devices have brought exciting new ways for marketers to connect with their audiences, they’ve also brought something else: data. And it’s big data - full of all kinds of information about customers. Now marketers know more about their audiences – where they live, what they like, their social networks, where and how best to reach them – than ever before.
The rise of marketing analytics has resulted in information previously not available to an artistic industry rooted in creativity, not numbers. But how much customer data is too much? What if creatives overanalyze data and lose the art of compelling storytelling? Will dashboards push aside storyboards? Hear how data and creativity are both competing and coexisting in marketing today.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How are creativity and storytelling changing in an increasingly data driven world?
- How has data-led technology influenced advertising’s impactfulness?
- Are we getting so data driven that customers feel a Big Brother effect?
- Customers want to interact and participate. How can brands and agencies best tap into that?
- Can data and creativity coexist?
- Aseem Chandra Adobe
Katy Boos Big Sky