Student Startup Madness - Finals and Championship
Student Startup Madness (SSM) is a nationwide tournament for college student digital media startups, culminating with the “Entrepreneurial Eight” national finals at South By Southwest. SSM is open to student startups from any U.S. college and holds its first two rounds of competition online, with the regional semi-final round supported and promoted by major host universities (Last year: Syracuse University, U of Texas at Austin, St Louis University and Emory University). Debuted at SXSW 2012 with a launch event, last year's full SSM national tournament started with a field of 64 teams in November of 2012 and reduced to 32 teams in the regional semi-final round in December. On March 9, 2013, the SSM Entrepreneurial Eight pitched to a celebrity panel of well-known entrepreneurs and investors at SXSW, won prizes and a National SSM Champion was crowned. A Michigan State University team walked away with bragging rights and the SSM Rocket trophy. For more information please go to www.StudentStartupMadness.com
Additional Supporting Materials
- How good are the digital media startups popping up on college campuses across the USA? (quality of idea, worthy of funding, ready to launch?)
- What college campuses are creating startup opportunities -- especially colleges that are not well-known for startup success? (Non-traditional colleges, rural colleges, non-tech colleges, more)
- What topics and business ideas are capturing the imagination of our nation's best and brightest on our college campuses?
- What organizations are supporting the development of college student innovation and entrepreneurship toward college student startups in digital media? (corporations, universities, etc) - What new resources are emerging for college student startups?
- Who is going to win the SSM National Championship? What school will have bragging rights?
Sean Branagan Newhouse School at Syracuse University
Show me another