Libraries: The Ultimate Playground
Libraries have grown far beyond the nostalgic scent of books on shelves (though we still have that too). There is an explosive realm of content-wrangling that occurs on the library frontier making life-changing impacts in literacy, health, and education. There is also exists a quagmire of metadata messes, licensing loops, and lack-luster technology that is overdue for an innovative shakeup.
This is a unique setting to bring to the table the wide cast of SXSW tech & entrepreneurial attendees with some of the most grassroots, forward-thinking librarians & information professionals thinking outside-the-box today. Together we can build castles in the sandbox to connect new ideas with immediate impacts. Let's get this collaborative conversation started!
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why are library public computers are the best usability lab imaginable?
- Why are libraries still the best kept secret? (And how do we leak it to the world?)
- How can innovators and creatives at SXSW become heros working on solutions for libraries?
- What does it take for libraries have the infrastructure to host big data sets and make them available?
- How are libraries providing physical and digital space to makers, DIY, BILders, and Happy Mutants?
Andrea Davis, Librarian, Naval Postgraduate School
Show me another