China Tech 101 - Innovation & Internationalization
Today, China is already the world's largest Internet, smartphone and e-commerce market. Yet, most people outside the "Great Firewall" would have difficulty naming even 3 Chinese technology brands. Furthermore, there are frequent misperceptions around China's capacity for innovation and creativity.
Chinese technology companies are not just derivative or inspired "copies" of US businesses. Rather, they are increasingly pioneering indigenous innovations and unique models that focus first at home, and then globally.
In a world of two Internets -- this talk will demystify the technology landscape behind China's Great Firewall, debunk the myths of "cheap China" and explore both the challenges and sizable opportunities of bridging innovation between China and the US.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What does China's innovation and technology startup ecosystem look like? How is it different from the US (platforms, demographics, marketing/distribution channels, infrastructure, government/private funding environment, IP/legal protection, etc)
- How is China leading innovation vis-a-vis the US -- can China build a Apple or Google?
- Why hasn't China's technological innovations been recognized as an export at scale abroad yet? What drivers will rapidly shift and change this perception within this decade?
- Should my company have a China strategy? What do I need to consider? When is the right timing to do so?
- What are best practices for a successful localization and market entry of a foreign product in China?
- Justin Tsang Pacific Technology Ventures
Justin Tsang Pacific Technology Ventures
Show me another