Reinventing Artist Management-New Power Brokers
There has been a dramatic change in the power and leverage in the music business away from the major labels primarily controlling an artist's career and towards the increasingly powerful manager. Top artist managers have built larger organizations with internal marketing, promotion and digital teams that rely much less on a label's resources. These new entrepreneurs are proof that there is a vibrant new economic model. And the way they are breaking and building their artist's careers are innovative and permanently changing the musical landscape.
Panelist suggestions include: Jordan Feldstein, Troy Carter, Scooter Braun, Guy Oseary, Ian Montone, John Silva, etc.
- What services are you finding that you have needed to add to your company that used to be provided by labels?
- Are you finding that you are developing more direct relationships with the gatekeepers (i.e. radio, MTV, YouTube, streaming services)?
- What are you seeing about the new music economy that excites you?
- How do your artists benefit from less reliance on the label?
- Where do you see the future opportunities for artists managers and their clients to grow their income streams in the next few years?
Jeff Pollack Pollack Media Group
Show me another