Philanthropy, Facebook and a Little Philosophy
What are the promises and perils of social good in an era of social networking? Philanthropy is as old as humanity, but the practice of doing good is changing as technology alters the way we communicate and associate with other people and organizations. In this fireside chat, Stanford professor Rob Reich talks with leaders of a new era of social good - Facebook's Libby Leffler and 92Y's Henry Timms.
- What are the promises and perils of social good in an era of social networking?
- How has social media been used to advance social good?
- How have emerging technologies redefined how people talk about social issues?
- How can we use new technologies to promote social good both locally and globally?
- What can we do to build networks and raise awareness in our social good space?
Henry Timms 92nd Street Y
Show me another