Don't Let Your Music Become Anti-Social Media
Social media has become the most all-consuming online craze now but how well is it being used by musicians, labels and PR companies? Most of it is still noise, competing with millions of others through dozens of social media platforms and as such, going nowhere. Two of the best known American independent labels and a well-known PR firm discuss successful ways that they've broken through this noise as they've done outreach with fans and communities to connect about artists, upcoming releases and tours.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are some of the best and most effective ways to use social media to promote artists/performers?
- How do you measure the success of your social media work?
- Who are the right people to work on social media campaigns for an artist or label or PR firm?
- What are some cautionary tales of what NOT to do with social media when promoting an artist or performer?
- What will be the future and promise of social media being used to connect artists and fans?
- Nils Bernstein, Director Of Publicity and Artist Liaison, Matador Records
- Sean Hallarman, Director of Digital Marketing / Publicist, Big Hassle Media
- Lindsey Kronmiller, Radio Promotions & Project Manager, Merge Records
Jason Gross, Editor/publisher/freelancer/social media manager, Perfect Sound Forever
Show me another